Monday, August 20, 2012

To My Parents


TO MY PARENTS



I came into the world naked and weak,

You took me to your bosom and nurtured me.

Larger than life you stood beside me,

Protected me from peril, yet

Allowed me to make my own way.

If I fell you picked me up with love,

If I succeeded you showered me with pride.



Gentle, loving giants to this small child,

Slowly shrank through passing years,

Till at last this adolescent teen,

You looked in the eye and gave his wings

While trying to guide his rebellious ways.



Though we sometime fought-

Often did not agree-

One thing remained constant

From the times on your knees-

The love that you gave me.



Now as you grow tired

And slowly give way to the years.

Can I give you protection and care,

So the circle of life and the circle of love

Will continue to be fulfilled,

The way you showed me those years ago.



Bob Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment